--

--

---------------------

Saturday, July 24, 2010

I Love Canning!


Hands plump from working with steamy jars, water, juice and kettles = A Perfect Feeling


If you've ever canned you know the feeling I'm trying to convey. The steam creates this incredibly smooth and plump feeling in your hands and the creamy whiteness of the fingernails is enough to make me feel like a Sally Hanson hand model. Today it was more rhubarb jelly. I use a steam juicer to prepare my juice for jelly making. This week I made 10-12 qts. of pure unsweetened rhubarb juice and today made one batch of rhubarb jelly. I would've made more, but I ran out of sugar. So then I moved onto Garlic Dill pickles; made 7 qts. Watching the empty jars on the canning shelves slowly fill up with pickles and jelly is the ultimate in fulfillment.
Rhubarb Jelly

3 1/2 c. rhubarb juice
1 pkg. Sure-Jell
4 c. sugar

Follow the Sure-Jell directions and then hot water bath it for 5 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. JENNIFER,

    THE JELLY LOOKS SO CLEAR AND I BET IT IS AS DELICIOUS AS IT LOOKS.

    THE PICKLES?

    LOVE: From Your MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous. Is the jelly for spreading on bread?

    Yes, pickle recipe please?!

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.