--

--

---------------------

Monday, August 17, 2015

Sometimes I Get Lucky

Hundreds of times a day I'm telling kids what to do and what not to do.  I wish I could say they obey every time, but that would be a lie.  But sometimes I do get lucky.  I needed to can my jalapenos and didn't want little fingers touching all the spicy juice.  Jalapeno juice in the eye is miserable.  I know!

Anyways, I told Peter and Maria to go lay on the couch for a rest.  After 10 minutes of quiet I looked over to find this

They curled up and fell asleep.
I figured I should press my luck and told Joseph to read me a book while I sliced jalapenos.  He proceeded to grab his favorite book Green Eggs and Ham and he read to me.  Of course, I had to take a little video and I'm going to share that today.


And since they don't always obey like this, a book I might need to revisit is Dr. Ray Guarendi's Discipline That Lasts A Lifetime.  This is an older book, but the techniques are not out of date.  When our oldest children were small I found this book quite helpful.  And if I remember correctly, it's Dr. Ray who said well disciplined children are a joy to be around.

Isn't it nice when they obey without any fuss?  How about you, any discipline tips you'd like to share?