--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Delicious Venison Meatloaf Basic Recipe


Meatloaf is a favorite comfort food of mine, but I just can't make it with ground beef because it's too fatty.  We hunt big time!!  And put a pile of deer in the freezer each fall.  Venison is the perfect ground meat for meatloaf because it's not fatty and won't leave a pool of grease behind.

This is my basic recipe for 1 pound of meat.  I adjust the amounts depending on how big a loaf I want to make.  It's very forgiving, too.  In my video you'll see that I started with 3.25 pounds of venison.  I tripled the extra ingredients and it turned out perfectly.

Basic Meatloaf Recipe (per pound of meat)

1 egg
2 T. water
1/3 c. ketchup
6 T. bread crumbs (or a heaping 1/3 cup)
1 T. dried minced onion
2 tsp. beef bouillon paste or granules

Mix together with meat.  Place in greased loaf pans or pan of choice.  Top with additional ketchup to taste.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until meat tests done.  Usually mine is in for another 10 minutes.

Here's the full action video if you're interested.

A Country Life YouTube Channel




You Might Like