--

--

---------------------

Monday, September 11, 2006

Don't Worry....Get the Dictionary

The phrase used as the title needs to be said with a slightly sing songy voice. We've used this phrase for about a year now. Grace came up with the phrase one night at supper when I got the dictionary. I tend to get the dictionary quite often and the kids sort of make fun of me. This phrase has stuck and Lee said it just the other morning after asking me the difference between a mountain and butte. Well, I had a vague idea, but needed to confirm it. I grabbed the red book from the shelf and we started on a quest that took quite some time. First, mountain. Then, summit and butte and plateau. This led into Power's Bluff and the Rocky Mountains. All this and we hadn't even finished breakfast yet. Homeschooling gives us the opportunity and flexibility to do this. We don't have to worry about being late for the bus.