--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Funny Section

Looking for a birthday card for mom can be difficult. Should I get a sappy, you've always been there for me card or maybe a funny, you survived all these years with me as your daughter, how did you ever manage? kind of card. Musical cards are fun and add a bit of interest when we can't be there on the exact day. The witty, you're growing older cards are kind of cute, but very impersonal for mom. We girls looked and read and laughed and groaned at all the cards in Walgreens today. The generic funny section had some real doosies. Lou picked up card after card begging me to read, mom, read. Most were inappropriate for young ears so I just kept saying pick another. She was getting very discouraged by all this redirecting that finally I just read one to her. I read it quick and it wasn't that bad. Here's the front line of the card....

I have boobs in low places. (I didn't even get a chance to read the inside to her when she quickly responded)

Lou: That's not funny. I thought we were in the funny section.