--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Couple Resources

Since this is a homeschooling blog, I think it's about time I actually write a bit about it. I have some favorite resources I'd like to share.

Art Projects For Kids - I love this art teacher's blog. The art projects have easy to follow directions, adaptable to a wide age range, making them perfect for homeschooling families. She has a great list of topics in the lefthand sidebar so you can easily find an art project to coordinate with a particular artist, holiday or season.

Rookie Read About Books - I believe these are aimed at K-2, which makes them perfect for us since I have a K and a 2. The Rookie Readers are a great introduction to nonfiction reading. Here are links to three of the series:

Today Amber read Veterans Day from the Holiday series which was quite helpful. We talked about ticker tape, poppies and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. All of which I don't think would come up very often in our average daily conversations. I like this series because they offer books about holidays celebrated in other countries as well.

Schlessinger Movies - These are short informative videos about holidays, history, folk tales and more. For a complete list go here.

1 comment:

  1. Come to think of it, I rarely mention homeschooling on my blog, either. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.