--

--

---------------------

Monday, July 3, 2017

Weekly Wrap-Up :: Too Cold for My Liking

Wow.  That was a cold week for June.  I am seriously ready for some hot and sticky summer weather.

And now for a quick review of the week.

I wrote up a quick meal plan for the week.


And then Maria and I cooked just about all day Monday.  I find once a week cooking works better for me than once a month cooking.  Making 3-5 of the same dish and then having to eat those up within 6 weeks bores me.  I prefer to have one big cooking day a week so everything is ready to go.  It works especially well for busy weeks when I know I'll be away from home quite a bit.

Maria kept busy unwrapping cheese.  She helped me shred 4 pounds of cheese.

Here's a quick look at some of the food prep - 7.5 pounds of ground venison

Peter's been the resident photographer.  This picture proves how cold it was.  I'm actually wearing a fleece jacket IN JUNE.

5 pounds of diced chicken

Homemade teriyaki sauce

Teriyaki Chicken from Crunchy Creamy Sweet.  I make the recipe X5 for my family

Meatballs inspired by Pioneer Woman.  Of course, I couldn't leave her recipe alone.  I had to add my own touch to it.  I had a pound of seasoned pork sausage that I added to the 2 pounds of ground venison because that just wouldn't be enough.

Cranberry Poppy Seed Scones inspired by another online recipe that I made my own by using CRANBERRIES and no lemon.
 ----------------------------------------------------------

Sam's still on BMX hiatus.  He might be back to racing late this week.  He's healed from the concussion, but still having some back pain.  We'll see what the chiropractor says tomorrow.

Peter got a chance to race for the first time.  He took 2nd place and now refers to himself as a "pro-racer".


More photography by Peter, but I thought it captured our BMX evening well.

Look at that smile.  He's hooked.
----------------------------------------------------------

I've managed to keep myself out of Walmart for over a month now by using their home delivery service.  Shopping with these cuties isn't much fun.  I've never had a root canal, but that's what I would equate it to.



Throw in a few hours of weeding, washing load after load of clothes, a few skinned knees and a couple of bike rides and that about wraps up our cold summer week.

Linking up with
Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers for the weekly wrap-up