--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Oh Shut Up!

Last night Lou was crying in bed because she was scared. Never mind that the bedroom lamp was on and the hall light was on. The problem was that Grace was staying up a little longer which meant that Lou was alone in the room. I had had it! It had been a day of lots of bickering, not listening and begging to just watch movies. It was 8:30 and I was already tired; Lee was insisting that I read to him about bugs that he wanted to catch. So in the heat of the moment, I mumbled, "Oh Shut Up Lou", then I realized that Grace was sitting right there. I quickly apologized for my behavior, but not before getting "the look". The look is the one that I'm sure I give them when they say something sarcastic, rude or down right hurtful. How embarassing to be the mom and given the look by her child. At that moment be both realized that we are human and all make mistakes. Lesson learned.