--

--

---------------------

Monday, July 24, 2006

July?

Where did July go? First it was the 4th of July and now it's almost over. I can't even begin to blog about the entire month, so it will forever be a lost month in my life. However, we did have a blog worthy event happen on Saturday. Together DH and I butchered 13 chickens. Grace plucked one and then the smell was too much to handle. She helped me wash out the insides, bag and weigh each chicken. We've never done 13 in one day. We usually split the butchering into two days. This year was great, set up and clean up only once. The garden is in full production now. I'll be canning green beans this week and hopefully we'll have corn in another week. Everyone looks forward to lunches of only fresh sweet corn, butter and salt.

I'm gearing up for the start of another school year. I put together a general plan for history and science. I'm looking for a nice balance for Saxon Math and I might buy a couple of Christian Readers from Keepers of the Faith. We need to survey our art supplies and other traditional school supplies, now that these things are on sale at ShopKo.