--

--

---------------------

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tender Pork Chops

I picked up a copy of Taste of Home's Summer Slow Cooker Meals back in 2008.  I marked a number of recipes to try.  Well time passed and the magazine sat on the shelf with the other 206 cooking magazines I can't seem to get rid of.  Enough is enough I told myself and started making the summer meals in the dead of winter.  Quite defiant I am.  A couple weeks ago I made this pork chop dish and it was delish so I'm sharing.

Tender Pork Chops
1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 t. ground mustard
1 t. seasoned salt
1/2 t. garlic powder
6 bone-in pork chops (1 inch thick) *I used 8
2 T. oil
1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed chicken with rice soup, undiluted *I used 2 cans

In a large resealable plastic bag combine the flour and seasonings.  Add pork chops and shake to coat.  In a large skillet, brown chops in oil.  I used more than 2 T.  Place in a 3-qt. or a bit larger slow cooker (crockpot).  Pour soup over pork.  Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until tender.  These cooked up ultra moist and delicious.  The whole family liked them.

Today I'm making Creamy Celery Beef Stroganoff over egg noodles.  It looks good and so far smells yummy.  I'm serving it with salad and the last jar of homemade applesauce from the canning shelf.