--

--

---------------------

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Welcome Summer

The Summer Soltice came and went this year without bringing any real summer weather with it.  It's been cloudy, rainy and cold this week, but the weatherman promises nicer weather is coming our way.  I hope he's right.

Despite the not so summery weather our first ever crop of strawberries was ripe for the picking.  Don't you just think sun-warmed, fresh-picked strawberries are one of the most summery things ever?  I do.  This batch wasn't really sun-warmed but they are delicious.


Just a note:
I know it's been a long, long time since I last posted; please forgive me.  Here's a list of why I've been missing in action.
I'm pregnant!
I've been sick.
I've been tired.
I've probably been a little cranky.
We planted our biggest garden ever.
We had hardwood floor installed in our entire main living and eating space.
I've been putting the house together for weeks.
We wrapped up another year of homeschooling.
I've taken kids to camp...twice so far and the summer's not over yet.
Did I mention I'm pregnant and tired and nauseated?

Anticipating a full, fun summer!  Hope you can say the same.Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.