--

--

---------------------

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Large Family Laundry Routine

I've talked before about how I use my laundry routine as part of our homeschool, especially with my little ones.



We don't just learn in the laundry room, sometimes I actually DO laundry.  

No matter the size of your family, LAUNDRY HAPPENS!!

I've tried many methods over the years from scheduling laundry days to delegating it to older children.  Schedules - aarrgh - don't get me started.  They're so restricting and what if Monday is laundry day and you're invited to a homeschool get together.  Then what?  Do you transfer laundry to Tuesday?  But that just screws up Tuesday's schedule.  Do you wait for the next Monday to do laundry again?  Of course not - the laundry room would explode.

How about delegating?  That worked OK until Downy was used as laundry soap.  After all my t-shirts lost their shape, I delegated myself back to the laundry room.  And besides, I love washing clothes and I actually missed doing laundry.

NOW, I've settled into a laundry routine.  My routine keeps me moving on auto pilot.  

Morning - Wake up, collect laundry, sort, start load, coffee, get dressed.

Noon - Laundry switch, 2nd load if needed, lunch.

Afternoon - Fold and stack on dryer.

After supper - Put away.

Next day - Repeat.

If you like watching other people do laundry and want all the details of my large family laundry routine, I have a video on my YouTube channel, A Country Life.  I yak on and on about washing only dirty clothes, my favorite bleach and folding immediately.


What's your favorite household chore?  I want to hear from all the other laundry lovers out there -  I can't be the only one.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely hate when I get behind and find a forgotten load in tbe washer...UGHHHH! Sometimes it takes 2 washings to get the smell out! I like doing laundry also, but wish for someone to keep my laundry room tidy all the time so that it's easy to do it!

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.