--

--

---------------------

Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Cranberry Pecan Pie


This is my newest favorite cranberry recipe, which is quite an honor since I try lots of cranberry recipes. To qualify as a winner it must be simple, use basic ingredients that I keep on hand and be extremely tasty. This cranberry pecan pie fits the bill. In general I like pecan pie, once a year at Thanksgiving, that is. Since I often take pies to our potluck Thanksgiving, I gave this recipe a chance and it won. It will definitely be on the dessert table this year. For the original crust recipe use the link in the title of this post, otherwise do as I did, use your favorite crust recipe. This time I used a basic homemade crust.

Filling:
3 eggs
1 cup corn syrup
2/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups fresh cranberries
1 cup chopped pecans (I chopped slightly, leaving lots of whole pecan halves)

Roll out pastry to fit a 9 inch pie plate; flute edges. Combine eggs, syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla and mix until blended. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Pour into crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until filling is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and refrigerate overnight before slicing. Serve with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream, if desired (which we did desire).

1 comment:

  1. Jenn -- I'm a cranberry nut too and this does sound great! I'll test it this weekend and, if it passes that test, it will come with us for Thanksgiving!

    Thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.