--

--

---------------------

Monday, January 16, 2006

Back From Vacation

I haven't posted in 2 weeks and here's why. January 2-7 was the week of sickness. Everyone but Grace was sick. We were all throwing up and having diarrhea. By weeks end we did about 20 loads of laundry; two of the beds had to be changed 3 times and we went through towels and washcloths like crazy. We ended up leaving for vacation a day late; we scheduled the cabin Up North for January 7-14. We left on Sunday with some us still feeling a little under the weather. But, as Ma Ingalls says, "alls well that ends well". Our vacation was excellent. We ice fished, read, watched Little House on the Prairie, ate doughnuts, went for walks and basically lounged around the cabin. Reality hit hard on Saturday when we returned home. You know...laundry, phone calls to return, meetings to check in on, laundry, school, getting accustomed to schedules again, laundry, mail to read, newspapers to read, computer problems, laundry.... we can't wait to go back next year!

School happened today...enough said.

2 comments:

  1. Hello not sure how I found your blog but I have enjoyed it. I too am a former PS teacher who is now HSing. I have three boys (two 5s and 23 months). It is nice to read about a family of little ones. So many blogs I read have older kids and that is so not where we are. You can find me at www.athenainaminivan.blogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Sometimes I wonder if anyone is interested in what I have to say. Sometimes it feels lonely to be home with little ones all day, but it's also so rewarding. I wish you well with your little ones.

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.