--

--

---------------------

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Family Movie Night

This is a late commentary about our most recent movie night. We had a list of three movie choices and all three were out, so I made a call and chose The Even Stevens Movie, rated PG. Having never heard of it, I was a little concerned about the content and if we would even enjoy it. It turned out to be a winner. There are at least two fresh comments which could be deleted without any hinderance to the movie. Also, I despise movies using older teen actors/actresses to portray younger age characters. Both the oldest son and daughter are played by actors at least 3-5 years older than the character. Kids grow up fast enough, they don't need to think that junior high girls have serious enough boyfriends that breakups are needed. No boyfriends necessary at all in junior high, in my opinion. The basic plot revolves around a family be chosen for a dream vacation. It's a movie, so obviously the vacation doesn't go as planned, but I won't say anymore. I didn't fully read the back of the DVD case and didn't have a clue as to what was coming. The surprise is fun, in a dirty trick sort of way. Read the review at Plugged In Online. Pluggedin Online didn't have a review so here is one from Disney (the producer). I still think that just watching it will be the best, because all of these sites wreck the surprise.