--

--

---------------------

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Better Late Than Never

I know it's 3 days past the Fourth of July, but I had just a couple photos to share. I've talked about Twig before, here and here. And what a surprise to see our favorite miniature horse marching in the parade. He's pulling a cart filled with four children. See the white cowboy hats in the back. Those are three of the kids.

Once home we had a fantastic afternoon of tubing and kneeboarding in our pond and then a cookout. Rain did dampen the affair slightly, but only as we started to grill. The guys continued grilling in the rain, while the rest of us brought the party inside.

My friend Dawn brought rhubarb dessert, yummy! I made this Jello Cake, a recipe I received from my sister-in-law. The recipe I linked to isn't the exact recipe I use, but awfully close. I always use two small boxes of jello. I mix 1 cup boiling water with each flavor. I do one color at a time, pouring into alternating holes. I let set for a couple of hours and then do the other flavor Jello. And the rain cleared in time for the fireworks.