--

--

---------------------

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday's Adventure

We were up early and ready to leave by 8:15 a.m. for the Elroy-Sparta Bike Trail. It's our First Annual Bike Adventure with the M's (college roommate). After a slight detour through roads not on the map, we eventually pulled into the Wilton parking area only 10 minutes past our meeting time and still ahead of our friends. We chose an 18 mile round trip trek. As us moms planned this trip we were playing with the idea of a 24 mile route or even a 30 mile route. I finally made the call and said 18 will have to do. I don't want to bite off more than my kids can chew; there's a fine line between fun and meltdown. We started, we made it to the first stop sign (100 yards down the path). I'm pulling the Burley with Ray and DH has a trail behind bike with Lou on it. This is a piece of cake. The weather is perfect. How long, really, can an 18 mile bike ride take? I'll tell you. It can take a little longer than 6 hours if you try real hard. That doesn't include a 1 1/2 mile walk through a tunnel where we left our bikes behind since we were just turning around at the end anyway. We had a great time, lively conversation, plenty of exercise and lots of, not too hot, sunshine. And at the end every last one of us was tuckered out and ready to find some good reenergizing food, aka. hamburgers, onion rings, root beer, Bud Light, chicken strips. Just good 'ol bar and grill food. It's been decided, same thing next year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what fun!

    I don't think I could make such a long bike ride! The terrain would need to be very flat! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.