--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring Birds

Just a quick note to say the Robins and Bluebirds are back. Yesterday we officially saw our first robin and now today, while coloring pictures of robins, Lou and I saw the first bluebirds. A pair were flitting around the ash trees in the front yard. I tried to get a picture, but my camera batteries were dead and Grace's camera wouldn't focus on them as they were quite a distance away. The last two days had temps in the low and mid 60's. Wow, did it feel good to get outside without coats. It's just so easy to walk out the door that I found it hard to keep the kids corralled for school. Grace actually did math outside sitting in the sun. Today is promising a high of 50 and tomorrow will be the coldest day of the week, but we'll take it. We've waited a long time for sunshine and warmth and here in central Wisconsin even 45 is warm enough to put a smile on my face. Because it sure beats the alternative of January's -20's.

I've replaced the batteries and am going to wait for the birds to make another appearance. Hopefully a few pictures in the near future.

Have a wonderfully sunshiny spring day!