--

--

---------------------

Sunday, October 3, 2010

October is for Down Syndrome Awareness

October is dedicated as the month to support and make aware of all things Down Syndrome.  Today is Respect Life Sunday.  The two go hand in hand.  Did you know that 87% - 92% of all pregnancies with a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome end in abortion?  That saddens me.  I know that learning the results can be overwhelming and scary.  I was there.  I felt it.  But none the less every life has worth.  We were created in God's image.  Babies are created in God's image.  All of them, not just some of them.  Our Little J has taught us to be patient as we wait for him to meet each developmental stage.  He's taught us to slow down and enjoy the moment.  We've learned to advocate for a cause.  We are learning compassion for all families with special needs children.  Without our Little J we would be missing out on a life full of love.  Look at this boy.  Don't you just want to squeeze him?  We do.  Just about every day I hear someone in the house saying, oooohh, I love you so much I just want to squeeze you or you're so sweet I could just eat you up.