--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Geometric Heart Puzzle

I have this desire to decorate for Valentine's Day this year.  Every year I want to I just don't have any decorations other than a quilted wall banner I made last year.  So after yesterday's doily prints my mind started thinking of other Valentine projects we could make simply and with very few supplies.  This idea came from my liking to doodle geometric shapes and patterns.  First I cut a large heart from freezer paper.  Any paper will work; it just depends on what size you want yours.  Then I cut the heart apart into 6 random pieces.
Using permanent Bic markers we all grabbed a piece and started doodling geometric shapes, patterns, really anything.
Here are all the finished pieces.  Next we laid them on the floor and organized them back into a heart which was no easy task.  I didn't pay any attention when cutting it apart so I didn't remember how to put it back together.  I know, it sounds foolish considering there were only 6 pieces, but we fiddled for almost 5 minutes before getting it right.
I taped 4 sheets of pink typing paper together and we taped on the pieces.  That's it.  Now it hangs on our front door offering it bit of bright and cheery opposition to the cold and cloudy February days that are ahead.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. MY LITTLE PRINCESS: THE HEARTS ARE SO BEAUTIFUL, JUST LIKE YOU ARE!!! YOU ARE A GREAT ARTIST. KEEP IT UP.

    LOVE: GRANDMA XO

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.