--

--

---------------------

Friday, July 20, 2007

The Week in a Nutshell

We spent Sunday with some friends visiting, swimming, playing cards, eating, trampolining, chasing chickens, browsing the vegetable and flower gardens, sipping lemonade, and trying real hard not to forget anything upon leaving. DH took the day off on Monday; he put in long hours Saturday night into Sunday morning. Haircuts for everybody, jammies until almost noon and then off to Exploration Days for Grace, the second and last week. Tuesday brought the traditional Family Movie Night. This weeks feature, Akeelah and the Bee. Awesome movie! It was another of mom's picks, which meant everyone was more excited about the pizza than the movie. Not to toot my own horn, but I do know how to pick 'em. Everyone loved the movie. I recommend it highly and suggest you buy a jumprope before viewing, because by the end your kids will be begging to jump and spell. Wednesday flew by with music lessons and dentist appointments. I've been picking blueberries at another cranberry marsh nearby. This week I made blueberry muffins twice, three French Berry Apple Pies, a Blueberry pie and a batch of Blueberry Jam. We definitely like our sweets. Thursday I came down with a nasty case of laryngitis and now here we are at Friday and getting ready to head to Madison for the Dane County Fair. Our niece will be showing her horse for the time at 8:00 am Saturday morning, so we'll stay overnight at my other sister-in-law's. I've also been working on a homemade planner, thanks to Dawn. Her post inspired me to create my own planner. I've used so many different planners in the past, but none were just right. As of late, I use printables from HomeSchoolMom.com and just cross off and add my headings, three ring punch the pages and place in a 3 ring binder. I finally sat down at the computer and just typed up my own. I have a lot of photocopying and then I'll have Staples wire bind it for $2.49. I like this idea so much better because I do not like writing in binders. It seems the rings are always in the way so there isn't as much usable writing space on the paper. Once completed I'll post details of my daily planner. Now I need to tidy up here and pack for our overnight trip.