--

--

---------------------

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Baking Frenzy

I read at Real Learning, today is National Pie Day. Here at CampHomeschool, we love pie and especially for breakfast. I pulled an apple pie from the freezer, left from last fall's pie making day. It's always hard to use up that last one, the last apple pie, last container of frozen corn, last blackberry jam, last applesauce, last pack of ground venison, last pack of pork chops. It seems that I stock up the freezers and canning shelves and they look so pretty, so ready-for-any-disaster, and then I slowly use the items until they are gone and so is my hard work, gone, and so is the idea that I'm prepared for any disaster, gone. But the pie is going to taste awfully good in the morning. Grace and Lee made a pumpkin pie. They've accomplished this task twice already and this time the only question was, "It says to use 1 3/4 cup pumpkin or 15 oz. canned, since I'm using canned do I still need to measure it?"



















Yesterday, Ray "baked" with me. I planned on having breakfast for supper, scrambled eggs, sausage links and brown sugar muffins. Ray helped stir and lick the beaters and then we had a yummy supper that everybody liked, which doesn't always happen.

*Notice the dates. I guess I was just a couple months old when I started baking. I guess I better learn to use the date funtion on the digital camera.