--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Imagine My Surprise

...when I heard Grace and Lee fighting over who was going to play their game with Lou. Would Lou get to play Polly Pockets with her big sister or go sledding with her big brother? Not everyday is like this; many days Grace and Lee don't want her to play with them because she's not careful enough, she whines too much, she wants her way, she won't share.....the list goes on and on. Today is different, in a good way. Days like this remind me why we homeschool, why we spend so much time together, why I allow them to work out their own battles, why we don't have "playdates" every weekend, why we just play and work and eat and read and relax, together. I see my children help each other, battle with one another, work it out, camp out on the bedroom floor together, yell at one another about who gets to sit by dad, play boardgames together, read to the little ones, offer sympathy, help each other with bandaids and mittens, argue and agree on what movie to watch and of course, remind each other when manners should be used. Together time breeds love in this family and I wouldn't have it any other way.