--

--

---------------------

Saturday, June 16, 2007

Thoughts on the Day

There are just some things I never imagined I would have to or need to say to my kids, like this one
Grace....Lee....your sister is not a beach toy.
Then talking with a friend about this she had another good one
Caleb! Don't lick the boat trailer.
Crazy....the things us moms have to say.
******************************
After examining the "foods" my kids try, I had to ask myself, what nutrient are they missing? See, in the past year Lee has tried chicken feed, dog food, dog treats (which he claims have a sort of peanut buttery flavor), horse treats (two different kind) and now the latest is kitten chow. He's not alone, his siblings have tried their share and today to top it off I had a fight, yes a gimme, pulling, threatening, two year old fight with my two year old over the hummingbird nectar. I have it mixed in a milk jug and labeled for all the readers in the house, HUMMINGBIRD. Ray decided that he was going to drink that stuff and unless I put up the fight of my life he was going to win. So I had to stoop to his level and just fight it out. I won. He had milk and now every time he opens the fridge he points to the red nectar and says hummy birdy rink (drink).
******************************
Father's Day
What did we get for the Father of this house? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not because he doesn't deserve the absolute best, but because nothing is the best gift of all. Nothing means a day where all we have to do is go to mass and eat. Nothing means the kids will present him with a homemade acrostic card and some snacks which are the props to a cute little message they have for their daddy. Nothing means we might sit outside and sip lemonade. Nothing means we might take a boat ride in the pond. Nothing means he can do whatever he wants while we vacuum and wash his personal truck and marsh truck. Nothing can be a very lovely something.