--

--

---------------------

Saturday, February 13, 2010

First Reconciliation Prep

We've been preparing Amber for her First Reconciliation, which is tomorrow. She's a little nervous, rightly so. Tonight we acted out confession. I was the priest and Amber was the ?confessee? Then we switched spots. This helped ease some of her worries, but I had to hold back a chuckle when she recited her Act of Contrition. Below is the prayer with her words.

Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you.
I detest all my sins because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell.
But mostly because they offend you, oh my God, who aren't (art) all good and deserving of all my love.
I firmly resolve with the help of my (thy) grace, to confess my sins,
do penance, and amend my life forever. Amen.
I hope Fr. John realizes she knows God is good and only He can offer real grace.