--

--

---------------------

Friday, April 20, 2007

This Is My Father's World

The title of this post is also the title of a song I love dearly. It pops into my head every now and then and especially this time of year when the windows are open (finally) and I hear the breeze and the birds singly so sweetly.
This is my Father's world.
And to my listening ears,
All nature sings,
And round me rings
The music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world.
I rest me in the thought,
Of rocks and trees,
Of skies and seas,
His hand the wonders wrought.
When Grace, my oldest, was just a baby of about 3 months I purchased this book for her for Christmas. It's one of those books with the buttons off to the side. You push the button and the song plays. I would sing these songs to her all the time. The book is almost unrecognizeable by now. We've had to tape it so many times. But it still remains a favorite, now for my toddler. The words above are taken from one of the songs in the book. While singing to Ray this morning it seemed to fit perfectly with this time of year and all the talk at By Sun and Candlelight. Just check out Dawn's blog and read the Nature posts and comments, too.