--

--

---------------------

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Math Help

We use Saxon Math, which I happen to love. It's sequential, thorough and just what the doctor ordered. Sometimes, though, the Fact Sheets are only presented three times, which for one of my children is not enough. I found a great resource for designing and printing custom math worksheets. When you get to the linked page of The Teacher's Corner just click on Basic Math Worksheets. Then enter in the high and low numbers you want. For example today I wanted to generate subtraction worksheets. I wanted the top number to be between 7 and 17; I wanted the bottom number between 1 and 9. Then I clicked on generate and instantly I had a worksheet ready to go. Print. Closeout that window and click on generate again and a new worksheet with the same limits is on your screen. I've found this to be much quicker and easier than trying to plan ahead and copy at Staples. Besides the Saxon Fact Tests are copyrighted.