--

--

---------------------

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Pumpkin Honey Chocolate Chip Muffins....(a recipe)

Last week I shared the recipe for Cranberry Blueberry Cake Muffins.  They're like cake, but in the shape of a muffin so they can be called a muffin, eaten for breakfast, taste like cake and yet, no quilt because you did not just have cake for breakfast.  It was a muffin and no one can tell me otherwise.

I have another muffin recipe to share.  This one is pumpkin-y moist and loaded with mini chocolate chips.  I tend to make these in the fall because pumpkin is just so fallish, however, I had a can of pumpkin taking up space in the pantry and ALL the kids love these muffins so I checked my honey supply, cranked up the oven, and set to mixing.

If I have enough honey, I always double this, that way I can use the full can of pumpkin and everyone gets their fill of these tasty muffins.


Pumpkin Honey Chocolate Chip Muffins

1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. honey
1 egg
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips (I like using minis because they disperse in the batter nicely.  Feel free to use regular chips, but maybe use a few more.)
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (I skip these, because not everyone likes nuts.)

Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl.  In mixer bowl, beat butter until light in color; add honey, egg, and pumpkin.  Beat until thoroughly blended.  Gradually add in flour mixture; stir just until mixed.  Stir in chips and nuts.  Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.  Bake at 350 degrees for 17-22 minutes.  I use dark muffin pans so they bake fast.  If using light colored pans, they'll need to bake longer.  Toothpick should come out clean or the top should spring back when gently poked.  Cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Pumpkin and honey.... yummy. My kiddos and I would love to make these tasty treats. Saving this recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Making these again for our cranberry harvest crew. Sorry I missed your comment so long ago. I hope you enjoyed them.

      Delete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.