--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Virtual Cranberry Marsh Tour Day 4

Our mornings are filled with school and chores so by the time I get a chance to mosy out to the marsh it's typically after lunch. Today though, with violin lessons and then a momentary baking frenzy, I didn't get outside for pictures until 4:00. What I had wanted to share with you all today was the process of booming the bed, but it had already been done and won't happen until tomorrow mid-morning. While reviewing my pics from the last week I noticed a common theme of faces. I'm calling these the faces of cranberry harvest.









And here are my favorite cranberry recipes: cranberry pecan pie cranberry apple spice bars

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for this series! I hope you don't mind that I have posted about it on my blog... I am finding it fascinating and i think lots of my Australian gardening friends would agree. I have got to the point that (with the time difference) I am checking all day for your latest post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to all of you for the nice comments about our cranberry harvest. I'm having fun chronicling the process of harvest and I figured since cranberries are only grown in a few areas of the world making it nearly impossible for many to take a real tour I would bring the tour to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking at the background, trying to figure out where the cranberry bogs are. It looks a lot like central Wisconsin, where the Boss spent her summers and the ILs have a home.

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.