--

--

---------------------

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Art Journals

At the beginning of this school year I bought the kids each a 5x8 art journal. I found lots of ideas at Art Projects for Kids and added them to my favorites. For a good portion of the year we made an entry each Friday, but then after Christmas we just forgot about the journals until I bought some Crayola Paint in the Brush brushes. I got out Easter cookie cutters, had them trace a few shapes, embellish to make an Eastery picture and then printed out some Easter poems for them to copy in the write spaces. All the kids enjoyed this page and worked diligently. Matter of fact they made more than one page. The next day Sam got out the paint and art journal again asking for the ABC cookie cutters. I helped him trace the letters for his name and then he painted, adding stripes and dots to make it fancy. Again he loved this. The cookie cutters give them just enough of a start and then their creativity kicks in and takes over. This is definitely a project I will remember for a rainy day.

1 comment:

  1. SAMUEL, YOU ARE DOING A WONDERFUL JOB WITH YOUR LETTERS AND NUMBERS.

    GRANDMA IS VERY THRILLED WITH YOUR PROGRESS YOU ARE DOING IN SCHOOL.

    LOVE: GRANDMA

    KEEP SMILING

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.