--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Recipe Review Wednesday

Working my way down the page of bar recipes has proven to be fun so far. Today's recipe is:

Caramel Cereal Bars

14 oz. pkg. caramels
1/4 c. milk
4 c. Rice Krispies
1 c. salted peanuts

Melt caramels and milk together on low heat. Remove pan from heat and mix in cereal and peanuts. Grease an 8x8x2-inch pan and press the mixture into the pan. Let set for one hour and cut.

*Melting the caramels took a long time. Amber stirred while I started a load of wash, hung out a load of wash and took down a load of wash from the clotheslines. Just at the end she came running out with the announcement that all the caramels had melted.

These were yummy! Sweet and salty, crunchy and chewy all rolled into one.

Score - 3.1 (Don't know the scale click here)

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen. I love your blog! My name is Maureen(momtoseven) and I found your blog on downsyn.com. I have seven children. I do not homeschool them, but we send them to a private catholic school here in our neighborhood. Since they will not be able to take on my youngest son, who is two and has ds I am considering homeschooling him. Thanks for sharing your blog with us - I am going to put it under my "favorites".

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.