--

--

---------------------

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Freedom

How do two children celebrate the completion of Saxon Math 3? For starters, they hug like they've never fought with one another and scream freedom...no more math. Then they promptly place the lesson book in the recycle bin and mill around aimlessly, giddy smiles across their faces. And best of all we all celebrated at Pizza Hut for the lunch buffet after violin. Even dad came with us and, bonus for me, the grocery shopping was finally done. Back on May 1 we calculated the day lesson 140 would be done and it worked out to be middle of June. I told them their was no way I wanted to be doing math in June and threw out a bribe. If they finished by May 31, I'd take them to Pizza Hut. I didn't need to say anything more. They found that if they did 4 pages of math a day, the task would be completed. And it was, one day early to boot.



By the way, it's time to sign up for Pizza Hut's BookIt program.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the comment today, Jen! (5/31)

    PS. We use Saxon Math as well. Congrats on having finished Saxon 3! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love chatting with my readers. So go ahead and comment to start the conversation.